AMANAC: Advanced Materials And Nanotechnology Cluster
AMANAC targets to create an effective and long lasting collaboration and coordination platform within the Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology projects, approved under the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) EeB-PPP, whose activities address development of nanomaterials, components and systems for the improvement of energy efficiency in buildings.
AMANAC aims to maximize the impact of the participating projects towards the European Industry and Society and support the objectives established by the European Commission and the EeB-PPP, in terms of energy efficiency in buildings, by addressing in a holistic way the relevant technical/technological, industrial, societal, organizational and regulatory challenges.
AMANAC is an extension and further development of the Nano-E2B-Cluster, formed in 2011. It exploits the up-to-date experience gained through clustering of Nanotechnology-EEB projects and extends the scope of the existing cluster to include similar FP7 and future H2020 projects of the Advanced Materials domain.
The Objectives and the resulting Action Plan develops around four pillars:
- Collaboration Activities: Support the achievement of cluster projects technical and non-technical goals. Enhance the impact of such developments during and beyond the project's life-time.
- Awareness-raising and Networking: Increase the visibility and impact of the cluster projects and their related research achievements towards industry, construction stakeholders and relevant EU contractual bodies, such as the ECTP, E2BA and ECCREDI, establishing appropriate network and alliances with such organizations.
- Exploitation: Strengthen the role of involved industrial partners, especially SME's, for speeding up the exploitation of the research results coming from the Cluster projects. Support the identification of new technology and market needs and trends.
- Coordination and Support services: Create cluster committees and bodies and publicity material to ensure continuation of activities after the end of the CSA and will attract future H2020 projects.
AMANAC currently represents 26 European projects and about 255 projects partners of which 63% are enterprises. The projects have been grouped in the following six Thematic Areas:
- Nano-Insulation: AEROCOINs, COOL Coverings, NANOINSULATE, HIPIN, NanoPCM, StorePet
- Embodied Energy: SUS-CON, LEEMA, BioBuild
- HVAC-Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning: EnE-HVAC, NANOCOOL, NANO-HVAC
- Smart Windows: EELICON, HarWin, MEM4WIN, SmartBlind, Winsmart
- Lightweight Components: ADAPTIWALL, ELISSA, MF-Retrofit, SESBE, FOAM-Build
- Indoor Air: Brimee, Eco-SEE, H-HOUSE, OSIRYS
The main objective of AMANAC is to join efforts in order to promote synergies and fields of cooperation among Projects whose activities focus on energy efficiency in the building environment. AMANAC Cluster will allow the involved projects to be more productive, competitive, successful and support them to establish a broader social and industrial impact.
"Indoor Air" Thematic Area:
BRIMEE together Eco-SEE, H-HOUSE and OSIRYS Partners (Sister Projects), actively participates in the Indoor Air Action Plan in order to promote cross-actions not only within the Indoor Air Thematic Area but also collaborating with the partners of the other five Thematic Areas.
"Indoor Air" Thematic Area Sister Projects details:
Eco-SEE - Improving the indoor environment of energy efficient buildings
H-HOUSE - Healthier life with eco-innovative components for housing constructions
OSIRYS - Forest based composites for façades and interior partitions to improve indoor air quality in new builds and restoration